This will be a presentation and discussion about deploying FileMaker servers in performant and cost-effective ways on Amazon Web Services
• Dispel myths and change minds about how FM Server can be deployed
• Help navigate the complex waters of AWS
• Learn from you: there is much I don't know
Over the last year, AppWorks has been converting all of our customers to dedicated servers in order to comply with the new EULA in FileMaker 15. We have learned a lot about good ways to do this, and want to share that knowledge. This session could get very technical, and we will build and deploy a few servers from start to end so you can really experience the power and simplicity. The kimono will be open.
Some points we will discuss:
• Roll your own vs. FileMaker cloud and why they are both good
• The importance of dedicated servers for security & reliability
• Tiers of servers: t2.small, t2.micro, t2.medium, m3.medium, m4.large etc.
• Storage drives: SSD vs Magnetic. Drive config best practices.
• RAM: when it matters and when it doesn't
• Installing custom certificates for SSL encryption
• What is the smallest functional server you can build
• Offsite backups
• Remote Desktop management